cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <>
Subject RE: Cordova and w3c spec Algnment - Vibration Gap Analysis
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:32:11 GMT
Meant to say that automated is how we started, and then dug deeper into the semantics. We were
looking at using github to document these.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Kinard []
Sent: Monday, June 9, 2014 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: Cordova and w3c spec Algnment - Vibration Gap Analysis

Doing an automated check sounds great in theory, and would be cool to make the check part
of mobile-spec (or its successors). However, I wonder how well the nuances in the standards
would be detected, such as the cancelling of outstanding vibrations as listed in Lisa's gap
analysis doc. It's more than a syntactical alignment, it shoud be semantic also.

On Jun 9, 2014, at 1:44 PM, Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH) <>

> Here is some work that we have been doing -
> As you can see from the diff, there were 2 approaches we took and would like feedback
from folks here on the best approach to move forward with
> 1.       Automated
> a.       Picked up type definitions for Cordova plugins from
> b.      Generated Typescript bindings from the W3C IDL for each of the spec
> c.       Checked each into its own branch, can now do a git style diff, showing the exact
differences - look at the contacts.d.ts file for the diffs in the contacts API.
> d.      Since this is utomatic, can cover more ground quickly, we just need to tweak
the output at the end - things like Object.getSetter, etc. We are working on those now.
> e.      Given that this is hosted on github, this can be easily updated as we continue
to change the API
> f.        Can also facilitate inline discussions

View raw message