cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apache Cordova "Translated using Microsoft Bing Translation"...
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 12:00:44 GMT
Just following up on this.  I haven't heard anyone from the Apache
trademarks team chime in with this new updated request.  Please let me
know if there are any problems so I know whether I can move forward
working with Microsoft on enhancing our translation efforts for Apache
Cordova.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Mobile Engineer | t: +415.787.4589 | ldeluca@apache.org | |
ldeluca@us.ibm.com | lisaseacat.com | |

From:   Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>
To:     "dev@cordova.apache.org" <dev@cordova.apache.org>
Cc:     Lisa Seacat DeLuca/San Francisco/IBM@IBMUS, "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN
TECH)" <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com>, "Olivier Bloch (MS OPEN TECH)"
<obloch@microsoft.com>, Apache Brand Management <trademarks@apache.org>,
"Gianugo Rabellino (MS OPEN TECH)" <Gianugo.Rabellino@microsoft.com>
Date:   05/30/2014 08:19 PM
Subject:        Re: Apache Cordova "Translated using Microsoft Bing
Translation"...

Olivier,

The ASF cannot grant open ended authorization for the trademarks. However,
as long as a) the Cordova PMC are comfortable with the proposed use and b)
it confirmed with the ASF trademark policy then there should be no problem
with this.

So, for example, approval to use the Cordova logo in case study should be
fine. Reuse of the logo when presenting that case study should be fine
(again, assuming conformance with the ASF trademark policy).

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 14:40 PM, Olivier Fontana <olivierf@microsoft.com>
wrote:

Hi Cordova team,

In view of the limited volume requested we will waive the clause regarding
the use of the translation.

Therefore, the only requirements will be, as per our email exchange with
Lisa:

-
Attribution to the Microsoft Translator brand as per the description on
www.microsoft.com/Translator in the "Attribution"
menu

-
Apache Cordova team will provide Microsoft with the authorization to use
their logo as well as short text/sentence from their choosing that we will
be able to use for our marketing: website, customer presentations, etc.

Are we OK with this?

Thank you,

Olivier

<http://www.microsoft.com/translator/>

Olivier Fontana, Director of Product Marketing, Microsoft Translator

(t) +1 (425) 705-6555 | (m) +1 (425) 246-3128 |
olivierf@microsoft.com <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','alias@microsoft.com')
;>

www.microsoft.com/translator

[image: cid:image002.png@01CF4F32.60A85F40]