cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Battery Plugin API drains battery..What now???
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 18:48:03 GMT
And document why the current implementation is not recommended for app developers to use, because
people tend to use things that are available. That’s the short term answer.

The long term answer is to get help from jsoref and others to give feedback to the W3C that
their spec is unimplementable on the platform that is the most popular in the market. I’d
like to think that with an API alignment, Cordova is the [early] implementor of W3C specs
like this, and we should be an invaluable proving ground and source of feedback for these
things. Whether or not the W3C can adjust in a timely manner is another question (and not
ours to answer), but we should be giving them technical feedback on our implementation experience.