cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Staci Cooper <staci....@gmail.com>
Subject WP8 memory leak
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:58:19 GMT
Hey,

I'm looking into CB-6924 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-6924>,
where I'm seeing a memory leak in WP8 when navigating back and forth from a
native to a hybrid page. A new page is being created every time you
navigate to the Cordova page, and none of them are garbage collected.

Is this the intended behavior? When a new page is constructed, a new
CordovaView is being created with it. The CordovaView has a bool called
'IsBrowserInitialized'
<https://github.com/apache/cordova-wp8/blob/master/wp8/template/cordovalib/CordovaView.xaml.cs#L43>which,
according to the comment, "prevents data clearing during page transitions".
It is set to true in CordovaBrowser_Loaded, or causes the handler to return
if it is already set to true. I'm not sure if 'page transitions' refers to
transitions within the CordovaBrowser or at a higher level.