cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Staci Cooper <staci....@gmail.com>
Subject network-information memory leak
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:20:12 GMT
I found another memory leak in windows phone. This time it involves the
network information plugin.

I found a fix:
https://github.com/stacic/cordova-plugin-network-information/commit/d41118f0da0270d23cd699dc0766d377c9e8922a

But I'm not sure I understand why it works. In addition to unsubscribing
from some event handlers, it involves the getConnectionInfo function in
NetworkStatus.js, which takes a string parameter called 'empty' that it
does nothing with. If I get rid of that parameter the leak disappears.

Does anybody know why it was there in the first place? I didn't see any
problems after deleting it, but it seems odd.