cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] URI routing
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 23:51:36 GMT
Hey

After looking at the breakout code, it seems that there may actually
be a lot of duplicate code between Crosswalk, default AndroidWebView
and others, so I created a helper class that could be used to abstract
the shouldOverrideUrlLoading logic.  While I was in there, I deleted
most of the handlers, and now we have the correct behaviour for custom
URIs which register a broadcast receiver.

I put it on my branch here:
https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-android/tree/UriHelper

I've constantly closed every bug that's said "Add support for custom
URIs" because Android by design already supports them.  However,
partly due to legacy Android bugs, there was logic for specific URIs.
Once I ripped out the old logic and tested it on Kitkat, it appears
everything works as it should.  I'm going to test this on older
versions of Cordova, but it'd be good if other people looked at this
before I land it in the 4.0.x branch.

Thoughts?

Joe