cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] CB-6630: Use okhttp as a library
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 20:27:08 GMT
This is the problem with it:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23446603/conversion-to-dalvik-format-failed-unable-to-execute-dex-multiple-dex-files-de

We have to play nice with every other Android library out there.  It
doesn't mean we have to start using Gradle and enter that pile of fail
(yet), but it does mean that we have to have a way for devs to manage
their dependencies in a relatively sane way.  That means if it makes
sense, you should be able to resolve this without having to delete
source from the src directory.  I basically want to take a nasty hack
and replace it with a less nasty hack if possible, since Android has
problems with library dependencies.

We shouldn't make this a plugin, because it's required by
CordovaResourceApi, which is now core, and isn't going away any time
soon.