cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: post to a.o announce list
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:14:36 GMT
On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Marcel Kinard <cmarcelk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Honestly, I don’t know why you think the ASF hates us. Maybe you had a bad experience
with them. My experience is that there was lots of love at ApacheCon in April, and the ASF
has continually invested in us to be successful as an Apache project. There may be disagreement
on how to do things, but that does not equate to hate.

How have they invested in us? By preventing us from releasing? By
personally attacking our past PMC chair?  From my experience they've
done more to hurt his project than anyone else.

> Perceived hate shouldn’t be cause for turning down help.
>
> On Jun 12, 2014, at 12:40 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just a question, why the hell do we want help from people who hate us?
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM, Marcel Kinard <cmarcelk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I did some digging and uncovered the following. The goal here is to get the ASF
to help the project. I added this info to cadence-release-process.md, plugin-release-process.md,
and tools-release-process.md.