cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Tools release
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 05:44:49 GMT
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 6:19 AM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org>
wrote:

> (FWIW, I don't see any reason *not* to consider it end-user software. It
> provides the programmatic interface to all of the logic in the CLI tools.
> If someone wanted to integrate the Cordova build process into another tool,
> like an IDE or an automated build system, I would be thrilled if they chose
> to use cordova-lib and called it directly from Node, rather than spawning
> shells to invoke the CLI.)

+1 as well. I've played with the new flow and aside from the fact of having
to link 3 repositories to test shit out, it works. However, I've got some
ranting to do:

Just like you said. programmatic interface to _ALL_ of the logic in the CLI
tools even though most IDEs/tools might want to use a tiny feature of the
CLI tools (like in Brian's case just the create-project part). There is a
different thread on the topic and you guys seem (Google) to agree with the
idea of a breakout but I just felt like reiterating it because I think it's
really important for so many different reasons.