cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <>
Subject Browserify JS is in
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 23:55:00 GMT

Just wanted to let everyone know that I added browserify support to
plugman (behind a flag for now). CLI is not hooked to this yet. Here
is how it works:

plugman install --browserify --plugin [PLUGIN] --platform [PLATFORM]
--project [PROJECT_PATH]

will generate a browserify version of cordova.js. Plugins and
everything is bundled in. This version passes mobile-spec on iOS and
Android. I am not yet setup to test other platforms.

plugman install --plugin [PLUGIN] --platform [PLATFORM] --project [PROJECT_PATH]

Will continue to generate cordova.js the way it used to.

Because some of you really care about benchmarks here is some
comparison for dependencies-plugin install:

No browserify:

real 0m9.546s
user 0m4.673s
sys 0m0.692s

real 0m9.861s
user 0m4.759s
sys 0m0.648s

All cordova-lib tests are passing so I am assuming this has minimal
impact but LET ME KNOW otherwise.

View raw message