cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Early Gradle successes
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 13:29:55 GMT
I've been playing with Gradle builds for Cordova Android, and have managed
to put together an initial working build system, which I've committted in
the 4.0.x branch.

If anyone wants to test it out, check out and build a project with that
branch. Then, from the platforms/android dir, just run

./gradlew build

(You may have to set your JAVA_HOME directory; I usually just prefix the
command, and run it like

JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home` ./gradlew build
)

gradlew is a wrapper script, which on first run will download all of the
bits that are needed. Subsequent runs will be faster and not require
network access. Eventually this command would be the one run by the build
scripts.

My next step is to get is to get it working with Crosswalk as well -- I
have it working locally (and assembling architecture-specific APKs!), but
it required some changes to the Crosswalk engine plugin before it would
build.

If anyone wants to try it out, feedback is welcomed.

Thanks,
Ian