cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Android] 4.0.x plugin fixes
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 14:51:27 GMT
This has been bugging me for a bit now. We definitely need a branch for
development on the plugins. (FTR, there's a pluggable_webview branch on
file, file-transfer and media-capture already, with this particular fix. We
can rename that)

We're going to have trouble releasing these plugins when we release
cordova-android 4.0.0 -- I don't think that the tools right now will
support having two installable versions of a plugin, distinguished only by
one of the <platform> version requirements. That's a deficiency that we
need to fix before 4.0.

Alternately, we use reflection in our core plugins to see whether the
WebView class has these methods, and support both 3.x and 4.x with the same
code. That's a pretty ugly solution, though, and doesn't help anyone else
in the same situation.