cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova strategy for Hosted Apps
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 20:24:16 GMT
Hi Jeff,

1. Currently (out of the box) you can load the start page from the network
or the device file system.  However, you need to be aware of both CORS
issues as well as App store policies which may make this approach
un-submittable [1] . You can achieve this either by setting the <content
src=''/> in your config.xml file, or by redirecting from the index.html
that is packaged with your app.  The latter approach allows you to respond
to no-network issues, which you must do in mobile anyway.  cordova.js will
need to live with your server pages, and any plugins, and
cordova_plugins.js and all plugin files must match the versions of the
native implementation that is compiled in the app.

2. Yes, it is a great way of testing, as you can skip the whole build, and
just reload. If the app should function with/without the feature, then yes,
it should detect it.

3. Similar to what you describe in  #2, for targeting browsers generically.

[1]
2.12 Apps that are not very useful, unique, are simply web sites bundled as
Apps, or do not provide any lasting entertainment value may be rejected.
https://developer.apple.com/appstore/resources/approval/guidelines.html

Cheers,
  Jesse

@purplecabbage