cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WKWebView for iOS8
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2014 05:06:48 GMT
ok, was a bit confuse with api doc, I assumed that there was a way to
specify a time other than documentstart, documentend, and no passing
something will do it immediately.

Will open a radar too, we need wkwebview to officialy support for objc->js,
postMessage seems kind of half working if only can do js->objc

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:

> No it's not. That is precisely what we discussed, it's the limitation in
> WKUserScript.
>
> On Saturday, June 7, 2014, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Shaz
> >   I think the closest replacement is [1] - (void)addUserScript:(
> > WKUserScript *)*userScript *
> >
> > I have not tried my self, but looking forward on helping out.
> >
> > [1]:
> >

> https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/documentation/WebKit/Reference/WKUserContentController_Ref/index.html#//apple_ref/occ/instm/WKUserContentController/addUserScript
> > :
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > No use in polling if we can't write anything back to JS from Obj-C.
> > >
> > > There's a private API to do so:
> > >

> https://github.com/WebKit/webkit/commit/adb4c60064b38b5ab3d6e78422325f35f0b7fe2b
> > > only landed a few months ago, we'll have to do some advocacy through
> > > whatever channels we have to get it in the public API (radars,
> > > connections), since it is a deficiency in their API losing something
> > > like stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString

> direction
> > > at

> sending

> > use