cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contacts API, iOS
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 19:54:30 GMT
I took a few minutes to look deeper on what's going on with Contacts Plugin.
Here are my findings:

Back in April [1] when navigator.contacts.pickContact() was added the
signature for navigator.contacts.find() was changed
From:
navigator.contacts.find:function(fields, successCB, errorCB, options) {
To:
navigator.contacts.find:function(successCB, errorCB, fields, options) {

I think this is a braking change and the reason why mobilespec is failing.

If there are no objections I think the find method should be put back as it
was before publishing a new version with a different api signature. I
created an issue [2] to track

Or if the consensus is for find function to have a new signature, then the
version of the plugin needs to be increase to reflect the api break, and
maybe a note in the doc.

I also created another issue [3] to create tests for pickContact in
mobilespec

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-contacts/commit/d656191c4072cbef0bf5b3b5f5eb4dfe4817d25b#diff-6a72b46d7f0c34e1070ce85b959f30fcR46

[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7020