cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Puneet Kaur <puneet.gk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding sugar platform to cordova
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 18:44:46 GMT
Yes, sugar is not an app.Its a seperate full blown os, based on linux

Incase you want details you can read through the mail I had sent on this
mailing list earlier.

Here it is once again :
Hey all ,

We at sugar labs are trying to add the sugar platform to cordova.

Here lies our code : https://github.com/sugarlabs and here's our website :
http://sugarlabs.org/

Sugar was developed at MIT Media Labs to provide a free open source
learning platforms to kids over the olpc (one laptop per child)
computers.These are specially designed keeping the young students in mind.

We have different activities on this operating system which make it fun.
You can have a look here : http://activities.sugarlabs.org/ but currently
these are all the native activities which are build in python.(sugar's
native base is in python)

Recently we have developed an architecture known as sugar web which helps
us to develop activities using web languages like html, js and css and
these can then communicate with the native base.

To take this a step further we are trying to incorporate all the device
functionalities too in the web activities so that all the web developers
can contribute to the code and make their own activities and also port
there application for different platform to sugar. So here cordova comes to
the picture.

So start with we already have a bridge between web interface and the native
side, just that need to provide cordova api's at the top.

Our team is currently working on it which basically comprises of Lionel
(president, olpc france), me  and other sugar web team members.

I would request the cordova community to kindly help us to successfully
port the sugar project to cordova.

We shall be blogging about the success of the project here :
http://www.sugarcordova.blogspot.com

you can have a taste of what sugar looks like here :
http://server.sugarizer.org/ or http://sugarizer.org/

We have currently integrated cordova.js with the sugar web code and have
made a minimal cordova.js for sugar.

Would be nice if some cordova people can guide us as to how to go about
successfully adding up our platform to cordova .