cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Sugar-devel] developing on cordova-cli
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:55:42 GMT
You say you followed the steps, but it sounds like something is not right.
 (Also, this isn't a cordova issue per-se, its a lesson in node development
and managing multiple local package dependencies.  You should read about
npm dependencies and npm link if you aren't sure what its doing and how to
confirm everything is right.)

At the end of the day, (1) your local cordova-lib and cordova-cli should be
linked globally, then (2) from your local cordova-cli you should link to
the global cordova-lib to complete the link.

In other words, something like:

GLOBAL_NPM/lib/node_modiles/cordova-cli -> LOCAL_CORDOVA/cordova-cli  #
Global cli should point to your local clone
GLOBAL_NPM/lib/node_modiles/cordova-lib ->
LOCAL_CORDOVA/cordova-lib/cordova-lib # Global lib should point to your
local clone, NOTE the subdirectory since
LOCAL_CORDOVA/cordova-cli/node_modules/cordova-lib ->
GLOBAL_NPM/lib/node_modiles/cordova-lib # Local cli dependency on lib
should point to your global link

The best way to test is:
1) create a temporary file inside cordova-lib/src
2) go to local cordova-cli/node_modules/cordova-lib/src and make sure its
there.  If its not, something has gone wrong.
3) also make sure your global cordova-cli is linked to your local

-Michal