cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: minor bump to cordova-lib
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:57:31 GMT
On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Brian LeRoux <> wrote:
> My understanding is that a VOTE was for ./dist and that anything npm is the
> domain of the person publishing.

Here's the policy:

  What Is A Release?

  Releases are, by definition, anything that is published beyond the group
  that owns it. In our case, that means any publication outside the group of
  people on the product dev list. If the general public is being instructed to
  download a package, then that package has been released. Each PMC must obey
  the ASF requirements on approving any release. [...]

So it's not that packages published to npm (or any other downstream
distribution channel) don't require a VOTE, it's that npm packages should also
be published to dist (and require a VOTE).

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message