cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: minor bump to cordova-lib
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 22:17:30 GMT
On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> /me slow clap

Brian, I realize that you are deeply opposed to voting on releases, and I
understand and respect your arguments.  Were Cordova an independent project, I
would not come to the community proposing that release voting be adopted.

However, Cordova is at Apache and the policies are what they are.  You're
welcome to make the case that the org should change, but to be honest I doubt
such a change is achievable in the near term.  The policy has deep roots -- a
good chunk of the Foundation's legal structure is built in its service.  And
so I would argue that avoiding quixotic conflicts with the Board is in the
best interest of most Cordova stakeholders.

In the meantime, the question is how to make the best of things within
existing constraints.  For the record, there's nothing stopping Cordova
from releasing on a fixed cadence.

Marvin Humphrey