cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshi, Pavankumar" <Jos...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject Issue with Mobilespec3.4.0 Contact.spec.21 test case
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 04:24:28 GMT
Hello,

My name is Pavan Joshi and I'm currently building applications with Cordova
Currently while working on Mobilespec3.4.0 version I notice that for a particular version
of Android, contacts.spec.21 test case always fails.
This failure is identified only in 4.1.2 Android version, but the same test case passes on
4.0.3, 4.0.4 and even on 4.4.2 Android versions.
I further investigated and found that the same issue was faced by another person and a JIRA
was raised. The JIRA id is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5308

The main issue is explained in these steps
1) I create a Contacts object (contactsObj) navigator.contacts.create({"gender": "male", "note":
"my note", "name": {"familyName": "Delete", "givenName": "Test"}, "emails": [{"value": "here@there.com<mailto:here@there.com>"},
{"value": "there@here.com<mailto:there@here.com>"}], "birthday": new Date(1976, 6,4)});
 API
2) I save this contactsObj by contactsObj.save()
3) Then I change the note field of this contact object by contactsObj.note = "An Updated Note";
4) Then I save again contactsObj.save();
I notice that in ContactAccessorSdk5.save() method, the id value of the same object is different.
The rawID value is same but the value of  "id" field is different.
I also noticed that rawID filed in Contact.js (that is Contact) object is always assigned
to null and not used. Does this id correspond to RAW_CONTACT_ID of the ContactsContract.RawContacts
class.

Kindly help me in identifying the exact cause of the failure of test case.
Please also let us know when this JIRA will be taken up for resolving

Pavan Joshi
Software Development Engineer

Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd (FAST)
Lvl 1, Bldg C, 14 Rodborough Rd, Frenchs Forest, NSW 2086, Australia
T +61 2 9452 9147
pavankumarj@fast.au.fujitsu.com<mailto:pavankumarj@fast.au.fujitsu.com>