cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova and w3c spec Algnment - Vibration Gap Analysis
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:29:20 GMT
Doing an automated check sounds great in theory, and would be cool to make the check part of
mobile-spec (or its successors). However, I wonder how well the nuances in the standards would
be detected, such as the cancelling of outstanding vibrations as listed in Lisa’s gap analysis
doc. It’s more than a syntactical alignment, it shoud be semantic also.

On Jun 9, 2014, at 1:44 PM, Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH) <panarasi@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Here is some work that we have been doing - https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-api-audit/compare/w3
>
> As you can see from the diff, there were 2 approaches we took and would like feedback
from folks here on the best approach to move forward with

> 1.       Automated
>
> a.       Picked up type definitions for Cordova plugins from definatelytyped.org
>
> b.      Generated Typescript bindings from the W3C IDL for each of the spec
>
> c.       Checked each into its own branch, can now do a git style diff, showing the exact
differences - look at the contacts.d.ts file for the diffs in the contacts API.

> d.      Since this is utomatic, can cover more ground quickly, we just need to tweak
the output at the end - things like Object.getSetter, etc. We are working on those now.