cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Build Cordova container on Windows 8
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2014 18:49:45 GMT
As an idea:
1. do authentication in ChildBrowser which is triggered at dummy page load;
2. save web app locally
3. programmatically navigate to the app start page, if it contains correct reference to cordova.js
then it should be linked and all plugins are loaded
* btw, you can try navigating to "data:text/html, .." uri

Thx!
Sergey
-----Original Message-----
From: Yohay Nahmany [mailto:ynahmany1@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:59 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Build Cordova container on Windows 8

I am developing Metro application using the Cordova plugins.

My application will be side-loaded to BYOD in my company and will not be published to the
Store.

My application is a container- it performed authentication and authorization and then should
launch a URL (receive the URL from a different application).

The URL is a web application which contains the Javascript code which use the Cordova plugins.

Unfortunately, Cordova didn't supply the developers with WebView( http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.2.0/guide_cordova-webview_android.md.html).

Microsoft, on the other hand , supply the developers thier own WebView.

The problem with Microsoft WebView is that it will run in local context- which means that
the client application will not be able to call Cordova.

few notes:
 1. I don't have access to the applications code only to the URL's.
2. Cordova WebView works great on iOS and Android.

Any ideas how can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!