cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime LUCE <max...@touchify.co>
Subject CB-6994 - Windows 8 does not save big file transferred using Blob
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 18:32:47 GMT
Hi everybody,

I just create an issue and its associated pull request for File Plugin in Windows 8.

When trying to save Blob using FileWriter.write method, if the blob's size is too high, we
get a stack overflow exception during the conversion of the blob into an basic array.
WinRT (WinJS) provide a method to write Blob directly to the filesystem. It uses Streams so
it's safe for memory.

In the pull request we avoid the conversion of the Blob to ArrayBuffer and from ArrayBuffer
to plain Array and we pass the blob directly to the FileProxy.
In the FileProxy we use a specific method which saves the Blob to the file system by using
a safe Stream method.

More info at :
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Blob-Sample-0e35889e/sourcecode?fileId=43594&pathId=962515806
Method : writeBlobToFile