cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Support for Windows Universal apps (Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1)
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 19:21:32 GMT
Hi,

With Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 platforms released, it would be great to get Cordova
support building apps for those platforms too. A lot of people on this list have also been
talking about how to adapt existing apps to the new 8.1 platforms. Here is an initial proposal
and prototype of how it may look.

TL;DR; - Rename windows8 platform to be called windows. This platform can build apps for Windows
8, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1. Window Phone 8 (wp8) stays as a platform.

Link to the document - https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DEA20E6DC28C96DD!2781&authkey=!APz1za6lnJhsaaQ&ithint=file%2c.docx

Prototype Code
- https://github.com/msopentech/cordova-cli/tree/win81
- https://github.com/msopentech/cordova-windows/tree/win81
- https://github.com/msopentech/cordova-lib/tree/win81

As discussed in the Cordova hangouts yesterday, we could have a mini-hangout for discussing
this in a more focused manner.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in this and I could set up the hangouts.