cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ajai Khattri <a...@bitblit.net>
Subject Re: HTML5DevConf Intro talk slides & interview
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 19:31:24 GMT
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 04:27:24PM -0400, Lisa Seacat DeLuca wrote:

> I received a wide range of questions following my session including basic
> getting started Apache Cordova questions. the future direction of the
> Apache Cordova project, or confusion in recognizing that Cordova is merely
> the Native-web bridge and there is no user experience component.  I
> explained that developers are free to leverage any framework or UX
> techniques they wish, to create a seamless native look and feel.  For some
> reason many of the developers had a hard time wrapping their head around
> that.  It's almost like they expected the UI styling to be part of
> Cordova.

Speaking as a developer who recently started using Cordova, I would say
not having a UI library merely adds to the load and increases the
learning curve. I initially had looked at Titanium for that very reason.

I eventually came back to Cordova but ONLY because I found Ionic
(ionicframework.com) which also integrates AngularJS quite nicely.

Having a resource that lists possible frameworks and/or combinations
that work with/on top of Cordova would go a long way.

--
Aj.
FaceBook: facebook.com/ajaikhattri