cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: usenpm and old versions
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 14:13:30 GMT
On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 09:53:20AM -0400, Mark Koudritsky wrote:
> Is it really worth it?

Cordova packages are consumed in different ways. This will create the
inconvinience of changing retrieval logic with versions for things like
CI tools, and IDEs. It is just a matter of being kind to those folks.

> git clone --branch=<your favorite tag> <platform-repo>
> cordova platform add /dir/where/it/cloned
> is not much longer and gives you full control at what version exactly you
> are getting. In addition it provides an indication that this is not the
> most recommended way and one should know what he is doing when explicitly
> asking for an older version.

Which raises the question why do we have download logic as part of the
CLI at all?
--
Gorkem