cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: Cordova version in a created project
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 22:57:03 GMT
Victor wrote:
> I have an app with Android installed and I know it was created with Cordova 3.3.1-0.1.2.
> After running this command with a 3.4.1-1.0. CLI I get the following
> $ cordova platform check
> All platforms are up-to-date.

> But after running cordova platform ls I get the following
> $ cordova platform ls
> Installed platforms: android broken
> Available platforms: amazon-fireos, blackberry10, firefoxos, ubuntu

> Using check ls arguments I don't get the result I'm looking for, while using platform
ls
> I get what I expect.
> Is this we an unknown defect?‎

Grr. In short, yes, it's something we (I) should address. It's technically a covered case,
but it's covered in the wrong direction given that android generally misbehaves as I will
describe below....

So I just tested.

The problem is that if you tried to remove and then add android, it'd fail. You are missing
either "android" or "ant" from your path (probably both - at least I was missing both).

`cordova platform check` basically tries to create a new project with the same platforms as
in your current project. It doesn't complain about projects for which it can't get a version
- since it can't install android, it can't get its version and thus can't determine it isn't
current.

I can add some logic so that it can report that it can't determine instead of making the admittedly
stronger claim of "up-to-date".

The broken report is because the version of android you installed didn't properly report a
version at all. It would compare as "out of date" to anything, as long as that thing was installable.

Thanks for checking / reporting. You can file the bug or wait for me (I have other priorities
right now). This email has all that's really necessary for the bug and should be enough for
someone else to write the fix.