cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: Cordova version in a created project
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:01:12 GMT
Why not just have them do:

cordova platform check ?

From: Victor Sosa <sosah.victor@gmail.com<mailto:sosah.victor@gmail.com>>
Date: Wed Jun 25 2014 15:41:43 GMT-0400 (EDT)
To: dev@cordova.apache.org <dev@cordova.apache.org<mailto:dev@cordova.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Cordova version in a created project

Hi Carlos.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for: the platform version (I guess I wasn't very
clear with my question)

Marc: I want to know this to advice my developers whether platform update is required or not
giving the Cordova version currently installed. If the project has Android and/or iOS 3.3.0
and the Cordova version installed is 3.5.0, then I'd advice developers to update the platform
using command

cordova platform update <platform>

Thanks all!

> There are versions for cordova platforms and plugins

> In development: [1]

> cordova platform ls

> cordova plugins ls

> In runtime you can get platform version using js object "cordova.version" > > console.log(cordova.version)

> [Log] 3.5.0

> For plugin version in runtime use

> cordova.require('cordova/plugin_list').metadata

> console.log(cordova.require('cordova/plugin_list').metadata['org.apache.cordova.camera'])
> [Log] 0.3.0

> [1]:

> $ cordova platform ls

> Installed platforms: android 3.5.0, ios 3.5.0

> Available platforms: amazon-fireos, blackberry10, firefoxos

> $ cordova plugin ls

> org.apache.cordova.camera 0.3.0 "Camera"

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@google.com<mailto:iclelland@google.com>>
> wrote:

> > Hi Victor -- do you mean at runtime, from within the app? Or on your > > development
machine?

wrote: > >

> > > Hi Marc.

> > > Thanks for the reply. Even though knowing the version on iOS is a good >
> > thing, I'd like to know if that's possible in a more generic way, like > a

> > > command, or cordova-specific file

> > should

major

> > > and