cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Cordova and w3c spec Algnment - Vibration Gap Analysis
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 17:44:55 GMT
Here is some work that we have been doing - https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-api-audit/compare/w3

As you can see from the diff, there were 2 approaches we took and would like feedback from
folks here on the best approach to move forward with

1.       Automated

a.       Picked up type definitions for Cordova plugins from definatelytyped.org

b.      Generated Typescript bindings from the W3C IDL for each of the spec

c.       Checked each into its own branch, can now do a git style diff, showing the exact
differences - look at the contacts.d.ts file for the diffs in the contacts API.

d.      Since this is utomatic, can cover more ground quickly, we just need to tweak the output
at the end - things like Object.getSetter, etc. We are working on those now.

e.      Given that this is hosted on github, this can be easily updated as we continue to
change the API

f.        Can also facilitate inline discussions

2.       Manual

a.       The Geolocation is a manual diff, all in Javascript.

b.      Still hosted on 2 github branches for enable automated diffs, inline discussions,
etc.

I think we can combine our efforts here and take an approach that works for all. Comments,
suggestions?