cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova strategy for Hosted Apps
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:05:09 GMT
To elaborate a bit more on #1, I’ve seen issues where the cordova.js in the hosted content
gets out-of-sync with the native Cordova runtime installed on the device. Weird behavior can
ensue when there are changes across Cordova versions in the js-native interactions. One brute-force
way to deal with this would be to locally inspect the version of the native Cordova runtime,
and ask the remote server to serve up the matching version of cordova.js.  The folks writing
hosted apps like this don’t see this design wrinkle until they are debugging weird behavior.