cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: First stab at Next Steps article
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 21:12:15 GMT
This document looks great.  I like the idea of having a single place for
advice on performance and improving app development in general.  It might
be nice to have a section on jQuery specific Cordova improvements.  For
example, this article:
http://demos.jquerymobile.com/1.1.0/docs/pages/phonegap.html touches on
tricks developers can use for Cordova apps using jQuery.

I don't really like how in the closing section we point people to the
phonegap google group despite us trying to grow our presence on
StackOverflow.  My vote would be to remove that section of the document.
If someone really wants to find the phonegap google group or needs an
answer they can't find on stackoverflow they can probably find it on their
own by googling.  But promoting the Phonegap google group seems to go
against what we're working for as far as name recognition with Cordova
(already had a discussion about this for the main site and the conclusion
was to remove phonegap).  Not to mention all of the "apache way" reasons
it's a no-no.

That being said, love the idea behind this document.  Once it's pushed to
the doc site let me know and I'll pull into Crowdin for our translators!

Lisa

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Mobile Engineer | t: +415.787.4589 | ldeluca@apache.org | |
ldeluca@us.ibm.com | lisaseacat.com | |