cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject HTML5DevConf Intro talk slides & interview
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 20:27:24 GMT
Just wanted to share this quick youtube interview from the HTML5DevConf
last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N94XLhcbajE

I gave my introductory Apache Cordova talk.  My slides are available on
github here:
https://github.com/ldeluca/slides/tree/master/HTML5DevConf2014

I received a wide range of questions following my session including basic
getting started Apache Cordova questions. the future direction of the
Apache Cordova project, or confusion in recognizing that Cordova is merely
the Native-web bridge and there is no user experience component.  I
explained that developers are free to leverage any framework or UX
techniques they wish, to create a seamless native look and feel.  For some
reason many of the developers had a hard time wrapping their head around
that.  It's almost like they expected the UI styling to be part of
Cordova.

It was so nice meeting some fellow Cordova guys.  I got to meet up with
the Adobe team (Steve Gill, Lorin, Anis, Tim) and Don Coleman made a guest
appearance at the PhoneGap hackathon on Wednesday evening.  :)

Lisa

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Mobile Engineer | t: +415.787.4589 | ldeluca@apache.org | |
ldeluca@us.ibm.com | lisaseacat.com | |