cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Freak Show <>
Subject Re: First stab at Next Steps article
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 17:53:50 GMT

On May 1, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH) <>

> Btw, here is a WebSQL plugin that also enables WebSQL support on Windows platforms -, if you really have to WebSQL.
> Here is the IndexedDB plugin work in progress that would enable IndexedDB on unsupported
browsers -, will be published soon.
> Btw, some comments on the web that talk about Safari and IndexedDB -

> P.S: The availability of these plugins does not mean I support one standard or the other.
Just mentioning them so that functionality written today does not break. :)

Cool links.  One more for you - if you really want to know how people feel about not getting
WebSQL in Firefox and having the infinitely less capable indexeddb lameness foisted on them,
here's a lovely little thread worth a read:

Summary - the developers are not happy with indexedb at all and think the browser makers are
being jerks.  And indexdb has only been 'coming any day now' for....what five years?

View raw message