cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: Apache Cordova "Translated using Microsoft Bing Translation"...
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 19:48:36 GMT
Shane Curcuru wrote:
>(note the mixed public/private mailing lists)
>
>We have a draft document that I'd like to get comments on and make final
>in general (it should be close) that describes expected practices in
>this area:
>
>   http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking
>
>I'd love comments on the clarity of the explanations there.

> * Project Thanks Pages must include a closing overview paragraph that
>links to
> the formal Sponsorship and Donations/Contributing web pages at the ASF
>level.
> They may also include a brief note that Apache projects and the ASF do
>not accept
> targeted cash donations in any case.

Please provide a link for "the formal Sponsorship and
Donations/Contributing web pages at the ASF level" or some  hint about how
to find it. Please don't expect me to memorize/search the entire
apache.org domain, thanks.

> * Equal opportunity to request a listing for any creditable organization
>that
> provides similar services (i.e. no favoritisim)...

Please drop the `i` between `s` and `m`. (s/favoritisim/favoritism/g)

> * Listings may not imply an endorsement of the third party,

I'd s/may not/should not/ or s/may not/must not/ — "may" is confusing.

> See also: http://community.apache.org/projectIndependence.html

Please make that a link, I shouldn't have to copy+paste

> * May include personal home pages of actual contributors.

s/home pages/homepages/ — I believe `homepage` is a real term.

> Should not include corporate affiliations of actual contributors.

Does this imply "should not list email addresses" since often the email
address is @company.com?

> PMCs are free to allow including corporate affiliations, but should be
>consistent in their policy for all committers.

This seems to conflict with the should not.