cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Refactoring for different engines
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 17:16:53 GMT

http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

> Note that a Corporate CLA does not remove the need for every developer
>to sign their own CLA as an individual, to cover any of their
>contributions which are not owned by the corporation signing the CCLA.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/201106.mbox/%3cB
ANLkTi=sc6F9qDQX-zeYbKNNCeiXNpOnEw@mail.gmail.com%3e

In short, you need to have an ICLA to have an account with Apache.

Cordova uses the Apache account standard to apply to all contributions.

Technically, Cordova could accept contributions from you w/o you getting
an account as long as they were minor modifications, but there's a thread
earlier where Cordova informally agreed to continue simply requiring an
ICLA up front instead of trying to deal w/ the pain of some people not
having one and having to figure out what that meant.