cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Billau <mike.bil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sans sudo on npm install
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 13:07:51 GMT

> If we start telling devs how to configure their machines we might as well
> get into telling
> developers how to structure, test, and otherwise architect their apps.

But didn't we basically just do that with the Next Steps guide?

We didn't say explicitly say "you have to do it like X" - we provided
guidance based on personal experience of the community. I think the same
approach here could benefit our users.... I'd bet that for many of them,
this is their first time hearing about NPM. We should at least have a
paragraph somewhere explaining the differences between using sudo or not,
and then link to some articles. (We already have a note about how using -g
means you have to add /npm/ to your path, so we could just expand that a
bit.)