cordova-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .classpath in Android platform in 3.5.0
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 15:22:17 GMT
On 23 May 2014 16:03, Victor Sosa <sosah.victor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I thought one features going in in Cordova 3.5 is that Android now has a
> .classpath file for Eclipse projects so when importing, it will have the
> Java classpath automatically configured [1].
>
> I'm using Cordova 3.5.0-0.2.4 and I can only see .project in
> platforms/android.
>
> Is my assumption correct? or am I missing something here?
>
> Thanks in advance

Note that the Eclipse files .project and .classpath are unfortunately
not portable in general, as they contain references that may depend on
the local host. Also some developers may wish to add additional items
(e.g. links to Javadoc/source).

If the Cordova project wants to provide sample files for Eclipse
users, then may I suggest that these are given different paths?
For example, the Tomcat project stores Eclipse classpath and project files here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/res/ide-support/eclipse/

Each developer can then merge the contents with their local versions.