cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova-js errors and coho
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 20:38:12 GMT
OK, so here is the thing:

We need to be able to be release. Having to use a particular dev version of
node is unacceptable, especially since the tests don't work with the most
recent version of the dev branch of node. (0.11.13)

Saying "it works on my machine" is unacceptable as well, since you're
probably running 0.11.12 and this quirk isn't documented anywhere.  The
question should be "does it work on a clean machine using the current
documentation". I deleted and re-cloned my cordova-js tree three to
eliminate the possibly of it being anything in that repo.

If we have to throw out coho because it's the right tool for the job, we
should have that conversation after 3.5.0 is out.  Can we fix this so that
if we need to rush a 3.5.1 out for a platform that we're now slowed down by
both our tools and our process?

On May 7, 2014 1:09 PM, "Michal Mocny" <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> Damnit.  Perplexing choice.  Coho isn't released to end users, and the
> codebase is tremendously cleaner and more maintainable now.  On the other
> hand, doing release testing using development version of node does seem
> odd.
>
> One possible solution, for now, is nvm supports changing the version for a
> given terminal session only (nvm use).  Can leave your default node to
> 0.10, and you can use a dedicated terminal for using coho.  Longer term,
> I'm not sure.  Hope node 0.12 ships soon?
>
> -Michal
>

> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I got excited and tried to use the latest version of coho but when I saw
> > that it was using an odd version I just gave up.
> >

> > On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for sharing Martin!
> > >
> > > I also am on the train that we shouldn't be using unstable versions of
> > > node. I don't know if the landscape has changed since I started using
> > node,
> > > but I was always taught to stick to even version numbers.

> work,
> > 0.11

> > > solution

> > and