cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Android Plugin API
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 19:01:54 GMT
On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Erik Jan de Wit <edewit@redhat.com> wrote:

>> What is the benefit of using this logic?  I personally don't see any
>> benefit, since this makes our code more complex.
>
> It would benefit the users as they don’t have to implement this boilerplate code of
dispatching based on the string. And this logic will be then on the android side where it’s
implemented once instead of each time one is building a plugin.

Except that now every method exposed has to have a particular
signature.  I personally would rather see us use a Map as what Andrew
suggested, and I really don't want this to happen.  This is going to
cause a lot more problems than it's going to solve since plugins that
already throw exceptions may end up having it caught by the try/catch
which will surround this whole thing.  This is a BIG change in the
API, and I don't think your reason justifies breaking every plugin
that currently exists.