cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] 4.x branch
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 18:03:48 GMT
Hey

So, the more I look at what's happening in Android, the more things
that I see that we have to break, the more I want to create a 4.x
branch.  The reasons for this are obvious:

- LinearLayout vs RelativeLayout
- Pluggable Weviews
- Changing the App plugin to something else (CoreEvents, similar to Windows)
- Abstracting custom URIs OUT of WebViewClient/WebChromeClient for
shared logic (see the SMS/hangout bug)
- etc, etc

Basically, we're going to need to make some changes to Android.  We're
going to pass mobile spec and the JUnit tests, and everything will be
fine, but I think we really need to start putting these fixes in the
4.x branch and assume that we're going to land this in 4.0.

I'm thinking that we might want to do this with JS as well for those
changes as well, but I'm not sure.

Thoughts??

Joe