cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova-js errors and coho
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 22:47:04 GMT
On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Martin Gonzalez Glez
<martin.c.glez.glez@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had the same problem with nodejs 0.11, using url.parse module & and
> running the Unit Test on cordova-js, those are failing with nodejs 0.11.13,
> but with 0.11.12  it works fine.
>
> Nodejs 0.11 it's working unestable, they are going to release one more
> 11.xx version before nodejs 0.12 (According to their google group forum).
> It seems that cordova-coho uses a dependency that requires node 0.11.
> A quick fix in your case Joe it's the usage of a node version manager as
> "n" or "nvm" for Mac OS X, or nodist under Windows.

I found this bug using nvm.  That's how I switched between 0.11 and
0.10.  Are you seriously suggesting I switch between 0.11.12 and
0.11.13?

> It won't fix your nodejs 11, but it allows you to switch between nodejs
> versions easily and quickly.

Except that when you're running coho to do a release, you can't just
switch between node 0.10 and 0.11.  The fact is that we shouldn't have
tools that we're supposed to depend on to break every time we do a
release!