cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@google.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Refactoring for different engines
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 11:20:53 GMT
On Thursday, May 22, 2014, Hu, Ningxin <ningxin.hu@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> > The plugin *almost* works out-of-the box with the latest cordova-android
> > pluggable_webview branch. The only thing that is missing is the library
> project.
> >

> I tried https://github.com/clelland/cordova-crosswalk-engine and
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/tree/pluggable_webview with
> latest Crosswalk-6 beta which is the first beta release with xwalk webview (
> https://download.01.org/crosswalk/releases/crosswalk/android/beta/6.35.131.6/arm/crosswalk-webview-6.35.131.6-arm.zip
> ).
> It works with two minor fixes. I've sent a PR
> https://github.com/clelland/cordova-crosswalk-engine/pull/1. Please have
> a look.

Thanks, those look right. I'll pull them in.

> I noticed you are also working on
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/tree/backwards_compat, is it
> related to pluggable_webview refactoring?

That was an attempted refactoring that we probably won't end up using. It
keeps better backwards compatibility with some existing plugins, but Joe
points out that it will likely break other workflows.

> I would like to sync with you the working repos:
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/tree/pluggable_webview
> https://github.com/clelland/cordova-crosswalk-engine
> and Crosswalk 6.x (latest one is 6.35.131.6)
>
> Are they correct?

That's correct -- is there a more recent crosswalk available? I'd like to
keep up with the development there.