cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Android] Refactoring for different engines
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 19:50:10 GMT
Yeah, it's a good idea to sign the ICLA -- if nothing else, it makes it
really obvious that you know you are deliberately contributing code to an
Apache project, and then we can feel much more comfortable accepting your
contributions. It's something that we've required from all contributors,
and it should be associated with you, rather than your company, since your
contributions will still be under your name no matter who you may work for
in the future.

As far as where the code is going, all of the updates required to make
webviews pluggable are going in the "pluggable_webview" branch of
cordova-android. (Joe posted the repository URL). This should just include
the extraction of the AndroidWebView classes, the abstract CordovaWebView
classes, and the code in Cordova that reads the configuration and
instantiates and configures the correct objects.

The implementation of the Crosswalk webview currently exists in Joe's
personal repo on GitHub, but I believe that the intention is for Intel to
take over that code at some point, and to host all of the source code to
that plugin.

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey
>
> Here's where the logs are for pluggable_webview:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-android.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pluggable_webview
>
> The repo URL itself is located here:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-android.git
>
> Basically, once we're confident enough about a piece of code meeting
> ASF standards, we start using ASF repos as the canonical repository.
> This is due to the "Apache Way".  It does make sense in this case,
> since this will be part of Apache Cordova.
>
> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure, but I think you still may have to, even if Intel has.  I
> > did sign an ICLA when we donated the software to Adobe, but I think
> > that's because a fair amount of it was done on non-work hours when I
> > was at Nitobi.

> care of
> >>
> >> Intel has signed the CCLA as corporate contributor. So I assume I think
> I don't need to sign ICLA, correct?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> -ningxin

JARs and