cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 3.5.0 RC is ready to be tested
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 13:17:37 GMT
Hey Mike --

I know this message is old (mail still trickling in), but I"ll address it
anyway for the list.

The message about failed dependencies is just an artifact of 'cordova
plugin ls'; it doesn't currently affect whether plugins actually get
installed or removed. However, since that is something we eventually want
to do, and it is an annoying message right now, and we don't actually
require v1.0.1 *exactly*, I created CB-6706 to change the declared
requirements, and I'll fix that up.

We do have problems still with "plugin rm / plugin add", I'm sure,
especially when other plugin dependencies are present. It's pretty easy to
get into a situation where your JS and native code are from different
versions, and then I'd expect you to start seeing hundreds of failing
tests. Definitely something that we should put some effort into fixing.

Ian