cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First stab at Next Steps article
Date Sat, 03 May 2014 01:39:10 GMT
Sorry I'm late to the party, being trapped on a work conference all week.

- Ray, thanks for starting this I'm interested on helping also, I know is
difficult on not being opinionated when giving advice base on our own
experiences, and that sometimes folks looking for solutions to problems
there is a fine line to walk between a web dev concern and a cordova dev
concern.
I think is good such type of documentation coming from our group, its not
about the tool, company, framework, sdk vendor is about the end to end
developer experience when a developer decides to use hybrid (coding,
testing, debugging, integrating, releasing) which the expectation that
their web dev skills should be enough, but the reality  is that there is a
little more effort when dealing with hybrid which Cordova is here to help
with code, education, collaboration.

- Brian I think you walked into the trap :-), But good to remind folks how
we got here, and where we are heading (i.e. close the gap between web dev
and mobile dev) If someone is an awesome web dev should be able to create
awesome mobile apps with those skills

--
Carlos Santana
<csantana23@gmail.com>