cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Unknown "committer"
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 00:12:38 GMT
I think that may be the result of the way we do PR..  I merged the PR Joe
points to, and I did it by pulling from his fork, and merging it into
cordova-android.  In theory, this way any edits I need to do end up in my
merge commit, and the contributor changes are isolated in the original work
without my touching it.

The problem is that in this case a fast-forward was enough, and no merge
commit was needed.  There is a way to merge forcing a merge commit even
when a fast-forward is possible (--no-ff), and I've started using this more
recently.  Probably we should update the docs to add this.