cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@google.com>
Subject Can we remove merges/ folder from the default application template?
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 14:33:34 GMT
I'm not proposing we drop support for merges/, I just think that many apps
don't use it so why show it by default?  (We've done something similar for
.cordova/ where its still supported but not created by default unless it
actually has non-default values)

The way merges/ works right now is questionably useful (Michael Brooks had
a long post about that a while ago), and with hooks/ most apps can create a
much better alternative for themselves.

So, not a big deal, but one fewer thing to learn for new devs, and less
temptation for them to try using it..

WDYT?

-Michal