cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Docs for plugins
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 14:00:14 GMT
I think generally mapping [plugin_id, engine_version] -> [plugin_version]
sounds like a useful plugin registry feature to support, especially so that
you can install latest compatible plugin versions using old CLI versions.
 We can  leverage that same mapping for docs exactly as you describe.

Regarding "edge" docs, are they necessary at all?  If you want to install a
plugin from source, you can read the docs from source.  If we want to
publish "edge" docs because the latest plugin release had typos, we should
consider doing point releases for docs fixes (unlikely, but hey).  If we
tell users to just read "edge" for highest quality docs, they may be
reading docs on api's that don't apply to any actual release.

Anyway, if we do want "edge", it would require watching/cloning git repos,
and I think the registry right now only uses uploaded tarballs.  A low-road
solution could be to have nightly cron job that uploads an "edge" tarball
for core plugins?