cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: cordova-js errors and coho
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 02:48:51 GMT
Damnit.  Perplexing choice.  Coho isn't released to end users, and the
codebase is tremendously cleaner and more maintainable now.  On the other
hand, doing release testing using development version of node does seem odd.

One possible solution, for now, is nvm supports changing the version for a
given terminal session only (nvm use).  Can leave your default node to
0.10, and you can use a dedicated terminal for using coho.  Longer term,
I'm not sure.  Hope node 0.12 ships soon?

-Michal

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:

> I got excited and tried to use the latest version of coho but when I saw
> that it was using an odd version I just gave up.
>

> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for sharing Martin!
> >
> > I also am on the train that we shouldn't be using unstable versions of
> > node. I don't know if the landscape has changed since I started using
> node,
> > but I was always taught to stick to even version numbers.
> >

> > On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Martin Gonzalez Glez <
> > martin.c.glez.glez@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Agree guys we shouldn't be depending on unstable node versions to work,
> > > just sharing what it worked for me. I think coho has been using node
> 0.11
> > > since the last clean up a few days ago.
> > >
> > > Hey Joe, I've just shared with you my findings, it's not the best
> > solution
> > > I know that, but it worked for me.

> and

> > more