cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: sans sudo on npm install
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 04:28:53 GMT
I object. This does not solve a problem Cordova has set out to solve but
this does make installation unnecessarily harder. Linking those docs for
those whom want to level up their Node, and shell, acumen seems reasonable.
I'm not a Node.js expert, but the Linux person inside me says that using
sudo to install and run things ought to be avoided if possible.

Would there be objection if I changed cordova-docs to omit sudo from the
npm install commands? And added references to some of these items below?

http://howtonode.org/introduction-to-npm
http://justjs.com/posts/npm-link-developing-your-own-npm-modules-without-tears